Access to Medicine Programs
Pharmaceutical companies have a responsibility ensure that their life-saving products are available and affordable everywhere, including low-income countries. These programs come in all shapes and sizes, and so the information technology used to support must be equally versatile. This is where Clientelis can help, by designing and building out a solution specific to your needs, based on its flexible multi-channel platform.
Access to Medicine Programs will typically aim to achieve some mix of the following:
Programs to raise awareness about a disease
Programs focusing on implementing prevention strategies
Programs focusing on screening populations for possible disease
Programs focusing on getting patients diagnosed earlier
Programs focusing on educating patients or health workers
Programs focusing on skills training of health care workers
Programs focusing on connecting patients with the continuum of care
Programs focusing on distribution and stocking of medication
Initiatives focusing on making medication more affordable
Programs focusing on getting patients on treatment & improving adherence
Programs focusing on providing palliative care and pain relief
Programs that provide support for health care workers and carers
Mix and Match
While there are programs that focus on just one of these objectives, in practice most programs overlap to some extent.
For example a program might address:
- Pricing by offering one box of medication free after a chronic patient has adhered successfully for four months
- Treatment adherence by sending SMS reminders a day or two before the next box of medicaiton is due
- Good governance by using eVouchers to manage validation of free medication entitlements
- Monitoring & evaluation by using tailored dashboards and data exports
- Education by including an online e-learning component in the program
A well executed patient adherence program can help:
- Prolong script lives
- Reduce switching
- Enable better stock management
- Gain insight on doctor prescribing habits
- Eliminate opportunities for fraud
- Identify parallel imports
Whatever the type of Access to Medicine program you wish to put in place, talk to us at Clientelis.
We can help you by designing and implementing a software solution that meets your needs.
Access-to-Medicine programs are typically multi-channel solutions made up of some mix of the following channels: